Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Quotes...

Not just because it's the cool thing to do, but also because they intrigued me-- I started about a year ago listing quotes on my Facebook page that I thought were striking.

I'm posting them here to give you a glimpse at the lovely layers of who I am, but also to maybe cause you to stop and retrospect about who YOU are, what strikes you as funny/ironic/quaint/delicious/or memorable?

When we think on things that make us who we are they not only solidify us as a person but make us more well-rounded as well.

In my very religious days I carried notecards of Bible verses that I was memorizing and meditating on.  I could list a few here as well, but the purpose of this post isn't to be spiritual, really, just cause us to think about ourselves re: our personalities and to take time to  think back.

Anyways!  Here are my quotes.

Comment below with your's!

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity."

"Smarter people have dirtier minds."

"We must be the change we wish to see." --Ghandi
...
"PURRRRLL?!!" --the Bundle, by way of Becca ♥

"Mmmkay, Pumpkin?" --Hitch, when he beats up an a$$hole :-)

"What DO you call a female mallard? A femallard? A fallard?" --Michael (bahahaha)

"Be present." --Kevin Cosner

"There's no such thing as love. It's fantasy." --Zooey Deschanel, 500 Days of Summer

"You'll find out when you reach the top you're on the bottom." --Bob Dylan

"Only love could leave such a scar." --U2

"Sisters of MERCY!!" --my sisters, as we drive down Mansfield Avenue

"You know what happens when you assume, don't you? You make an ass out of u and me." --Sarah Berry Watson (do you get it?)

"It smells like giant cow butt around here..." --Tia Germain, commenting on the local VT smells (lol!!)

"The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself." --Rita Mae Brown

"How can you NOT like a donut?!!" --roommate Josh (lol!)

"I know heart and head begin with the same letter, but you have to read all the way to the end." --HOUSE

"Dull people live in immaculate houses." --unknown

"And as we look at the future/ tho it be thru a tear/ keep an eye on summer/ this year..." --the Beach Boys

"Joy leaves the competition behind." --unknown

"Have a PBS mind in an MTV world." --bumper sticker saying

"Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see." --John W. Whitehead

The God of the sparrow and the leviathon defined beauty, who am I to wrap it in garlands and lace? --Annie Koelle (random fb friend)

‎"Do what you feel in your heart to be right, for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." -Eleanor Roosevelt

‎"I wanna touch you in real time, not find you on youtube. I wanna walk with you thru the mountains, not find you on facebook." --unknown

"Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny." --Ben Franklin

"I think everybody should get rich and famous and do everything they ever dreamed of so they can see that it's not the answer." --Jim Carrey

"The only thing that can make this day better is ice cream." --Michael Scott, The Office

"Attitude is the difference between an ordeal and an adventure." --unknown

"I like to think of Jesus as a mischievous badger..." --Talledega Nights

"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good." --Anchorman (bahaha)

"If I were a lion, and you were a tuna, I would swim out in the middle of the ocean and EAT you! ...and then bang your tuna girlfriend!" --The Other Guys

"Tigers LOVE pepper. They hate cinnamon." --The Hangover

"wasn't there in the beginning/but when the story ends/gonna last with you longer than your friends" --U2 Cedars of Lebanon
See More

No comments:

Post a Comment