Saturday, October 30, 2010

Personal Testimony to Goodwill's Amazing-ness: Halloween Costumes!

So, my boyfriend and I have decided that we are the greatest match made in heaven when it comes to Goodwill hunting (no pun intended).  We both found our Halloween costumes there, quite unintentionally, this past summer. 

Mine is a poofy 90's pastel floral prom dress with huge poofy sleeves, massive floral bow in the back, and enormous skirt poofing out from a nipped-in waistline (as far in as my waist would let it "nip," that is, lol).  I plan on combining the dress with another awesome Goodwill find, my pink sheer, frilly apron from the 50s, to become Little Bo Peep! :) 

My boyfriend's costume is a pale blue polyester leisure suit from the 70s.  He plans on being a sex offender for Halloween and alluring people at the party with free hard candy in his pockets.  Haha.  He has been growing his curly hair with plans of fluffing it into a 'fro for the night. :)  Should be pretty impressive.

We hope to post pictures of our get-ups soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment